You have a Calling, a specific purpose for your life. Everything about you is lined up for you to answer your unique Calling. And when I say everything, I mean everything! Your past experiences, your family of origin, your personality, your talents, your skills, your dreams, your quirks, your passion, and your strengths as well as your weak spots, your irritations, and even the things you are embarrassed or ashamed of. Everything. Lumps, bumps, and all.
Now, you might be skeptical of this. You might be thinking, “Well, this is great, Cassandra, but how do I know what my Calling is?” I’m so glad you asked!
Your Calling comes in 3 very distinct parts:
1. First of all, there is a Seed of Genius planted within you that consistently calls to you. It speaks through your dreams, desires, likes, dislikes, and intuition. It can be very subtle. Some call it that still, small voice within. It also speaks through your energy level. There are bursts of energy designed to guide and direct you on your path. When we don’t listen to these subtle messages, then they can ramp up through physical pain and illness. This is the internal dimension.
2. Next, is the external dimension. There are people out in the world who are calling you to step up and share your talents, your skills, and your message. These are people who have an energetic synergy with your presence. In fact, you are an integral part of their Calling and you empower them to move forward in their unfolding.
3. Lastly, is the creative dimension. You are a powerful, creative being with the ability to call things, people, and experiences into your life. You create through your thinking, beliefs, experiments, actions, words, attitude, and feelings.
Now, if you are wondering how to answer your Calling, then I have an assignment just for you and it’s very easy:
Listen to that still, small voice within. Listen to your body, soul, and intuition. Pay attention to what is tugging at those heart strings – even if it doesn’t make sense! Notice your energy levels.
Listen to the people around you. Notice who you resonate with. You are drawn to both your teachers and your students. Your peeps have an energetic resonance with your soul. Affirm that there are more and more of them in your experience and make way for them by letting go of people you complain about.
Listen to yourself think and talk. Notice what you say and recognize that everything that pops out of your mouth is a request to the Universe for more. What you complain about is creative. What you rejoice over is creative.
And for those of you who are ambitious like me, then here’s your extra credit assignment. Choose one or all of the following or make up your own:
- Write down your noticings
- Carve out time to do nothing
- Indulge in at least one activity just for fun
- Engage in self-care
You are invited to post your comments, questions, feedback, experiences, and praise. Your contributions make this a community!